Dec 6, 2009

Weekend Eats




'Tis the season to make and consume sugary things!  I got some inspiration here, and was off to the races.  What you see above is what I like to call Lemon Cookie Truffles and Oreo Truffles, before they are dipped in white chocolate, that is.




 



You are seeing some lemon wafers in my trusty Ninja, which I whizzed with some light cream cheese and balled up.  Put in the fridge for 30 minutes and they were ready to dip.





 


I also made some Mint Oreo Truffles, except I dipped them in melted dark mint chocolate instead of white chocolate.  Yeah...those are all gone.


 

 




Leftover garlic sourdough croutons, covered in chicken broth and Romano cheese, baked until bubbly.  My dinner it was.  Yuuuummmmmmm.




 



Husband and Dirk got carne asada!  This was marinated sirloin that I chopped into bits and fried quickly in a super hot pan.  I didn't taste it, but there were no leftovers, so I'm presuming it was decent (or they discreetly threw it away).



 

 


I chopped up some tomato, cucumber, cilantro and romaine lettuce so they could make a little Mexican salad, if so moved.



 



Guacamole, Tofutti cream cheese, cilantro yogurt dip, salsa and corn chips rounded out the boy's choices.  I have no idea what they did with this, but they said it was great AND cleaned up the whole mess.  Lovely boys.  Still playing video soccer.  It's 8:40pm.  They started at 11am.  Did I mention they are in their forties?

Sunday workout:  YogaGlo, part Tara Judelle, part Jo Tastula.  I was excited to try Tara, and I like her, and she's hard, which I dig, but why must we do the crazy balance-on-one-arm-while-your-legs-are-splayed-out-in-three-different-directions?  After 4 or 5 of those mothers, I finished with Jo.


No comments:

Post a Comment