Nov 27, 2009

Relationship With People Mimics Relationship With Food




I read this post and was totally intrigued by the question; how does my relationship with people mimic my relationship with food?

I'm not sure, but I'd like to find out!

Because I'm much more familiar with my relationship with food, I will start there.

My relationship with food is:
  • tumultuous
  • love/hate
  • reward based
  • involves lots of rules
  • involves lots of control
  • fear based
  • the most dominant force in my life
  • obsessive
  • passionate
  • dramatic
  • repetitive
  • selective (picky)


If I take this list and apply it to people...


  • tumultuous-I find myself attracted to people with big personalities as it allows me to hide and they are in charge
  • love/hate-I am definitely hot and cold in relationships.  I can adore someone in a moment and be completely irritated by them in the next moment.
  • reward based
  • involves lots of rules
  • involves lots of control-I'm a big "screener" and find it hard to commit to social plans because I'm such a control freak.  As soon as I feel out of control, I don't want to show up.
  • fear based-sure.  I'm afraid of most people and social situations.  I'm what you call a loner, or isolator.
  • the most dominant force in my life
  • obsessive
  • passionate
  • dramatic
  • repetitive
  • selective (picky)-the people I have in my life who I feel safe with are few, and it's really about me, not them.

I have no idea what any of this means, but thought I would share and would LOVE to hear where your relationships with food and people meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment