Jul 31, 2009

Various Spread Eagle Chickens



My sister has two kitties who are sisters: Bella and Charlotte. One is very petite and demure (Bella); the other is curvy and demanding (Charlotte). Here lies Charlotte in her "roadkill" pose, I had to capture this as she blends so nicely with the side entrance decor...



While Charlotte gave her belly some air, I made a stuffed roasted chicken. I cut out the back of the chicken so I can butterfly it breast up and stuff under the skin a mixture of shredded zucchini, goat cheese, Romano cheese, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice. I basically mix that into a paste and stuff away.

Massage the outside of the bird with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 degrees until the skin is crispy and the meat is 165 degrees. Click here for a more detailed recipe.


Chicken was served with roasted fingerling potatoes (that were about 20 seconds away from being burned) and baby heirloom tomatoes sauteed with oil and vinegar.


The fam likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment