Jul 5, 2009

Haibut Cakes With Curried Veggies & Roasted Potatoes


Husband loved this dish and said it was "restaurant quality". Cute.



I sauteed onion, carrots and celery in a teaspoon of olive oil and let them sweat for a few minutes. I added one chopped Roma tomato and some previously steamed broccoli and cauliflower and let that cook down a bit. Next, I added 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 teaspoon of curry powder and 1/4 cup hummus. I let it simmer until is was a thick sauce consistency and lastly I added some baby spinach and let it wilt.


Halibut cakes. Just like a crab cake: mayonnaise, lemon, and onion. Formed into patties and coated with cornmeal. I like to refrigerate them until right before I fry them to help hold their shape. Pan fried in a bit of Earth Balance.



Topped off the dish with oven roasted new potatoes.

Friday workout: 3 mile jog

No comments:

Post a Comment