Jun 23, 2009

Ahi Tuna On Spinach Salad And Blueberry Bread Pudding



Ahi marinated in olive oil, garlic, cilantro and red chili flakes. Quick roasted in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Served on a bed of spinach, tomatoes and cucumbers dressed in a homemade sesame lime vinaigrette with some steamed broccoli on the side.

Looks very healthy. Don't worry, dessert is coming...



That is the bright, bright sun that streams in our kitchen window at 6pm. I was so excited about my perfect score on my bread pudding test today at school, I wanted to recreate it for husband, with a few (a lot of) exceptions:

  • cream becomes rice milk
  • sugar becomes vanilla stevia
  • brioche becomes french bread
  • brandy soaked raisins becomes fresh blueberries

Only the cinnamon remained the same. I topped it with a sprinkling of flax granola and a couple dabs of Earth Balance. Husband ate the whole thing, told me it was awesome and to never make it again. Too bready. Oh, bother.

On a totally unrelated note, I think Lady GaGa is an amazing performer. I cannot think of another pop star who can move AND sing that well live. Baby does NOT lip sync and therefore, she gets eternal props from moi. Check out her performance at the Much Music Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment