May 23, 2009

Unearthing The Wedding Dress


I am very, very excited. I will be appearing on a San Diego news show this week to model some brilliant bridal ideas with my favorite mentor, Denise Vivaldo. I would pretty much follow this lady into the fiery pits of hell, much less an opportunity to feel like a BRIDE again?! That's every girl's dream, right?

I decided to see if my dress still fit, which would be the most budget friendly option for Food Fanatics, Inc. The first step? I had husband measure me with a measuring tape (not the cloth kind you're supposed to use, no, we used the cold, metal kind). I had a receipt from the place I bought the dress with my old measurements and I was the exact same measurements. That made me very happy and very hungry at the same time.

I did, however have it altered, so it was a crap shoot.


My dress was double boxed and wrapped in plastic, so this was the first time I'd seen it in a long time. It was kinda creepy seeing it in the box, like it was the ghost of weddings past.



Alas, it did not fit. It fit everywhere but the boobs, so now I know where I gain weight (not the worst option). The bustle was also, um, unbustled and the whole dress looked a bit dingy (I danced in it for about four hours straight).

So we're off to David's Bridal for a new dress for this faux bride. And a manicure. Pinch me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats for the show, i'm sure you still look fabulous in that dress after all this time!

    ReplyDelete