Mar 21, 2009

Celebrities: This Is Not About Food


I am beyond a big fan.  My husband and I decided that Sean Penn is the best actor of our (well, maybe more like his) generation and after seeing Emile's work in Into The Wild and Milk we think he has the potential to be the best actor of the next (or, my) generation.  Yes, there is a 10 year age difference between husband and me.

I see famous people at the gym regularly and leaving them alone is what seems appropriate.  The only time I've ever actually approached celebrities were the Olsen twins at a yoga class (got an awkward autograph for my little sister) and CJ from Top Chef at a Trader Joe's in Palm Springs (he was very nice and asked me for directions, which I didn't know as we were both in town from LA).

So I'm all sweaty from 45 minutes on the elliptical and I'm walking one way and there is Emile, smaller than he seems on camera (they are ALWAYS smaller than they look), eating a protein bar and I'm like, "shit, do I say something, do I not say something, what do I say, I'm sweaty, I'm bloated, I'm old, I'm married".  I didn't approach him, and I'm still kind of bummed.



Ever feel like you know someone famous even though OBVIOUSLY you do not?  Yah, me too.  This is singer/songwriter Ryan Adams and his brand new bride, Mandy Moore.  I feel like somehow we're connected because many of Ryan's lyrics feel like they were pulled directly from my little, tiny heart and tells all my dirty secrets and then, hello, he marries a girl named Mandy!  Kinda twilight zoney...and slightly insane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment