Mar 24, 2009

Bread Soup And Raisin Bran


As husband continues to "eat what his body wants", I'm finding myself with a house full of food that needs to be utilized.  I had a lot of veggies, bread and cheese hanging out and decided to make a big pot of soup.  I simply sauteed onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower in some olive oil.  When the veggies got a bit soft, I added two cans of tomatoes and 2 cups of chicken stock.  Lastly, I popped in a Parmesan rind and let that mess simmer for 30 minutes.

I toasted some cubes of the leftover bread and put them at the bottom of a serving bowl, which I poured the hot soup over and finished with some grated Parmesan cheese.


Husband's raisin bran dinner.  Easy cooking for me!


Sunflower seed butter.  Don't know what he did with this.  Maybe ate it right out of the jar?  He is eating like a little boy.  All foods must be high on the nummy factor.  It's very endearing.

This is the beginning of my little kitchen herb garden.  This is the basil.  Lovely and so much fun to watch grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment