Dec 21, 2008

Parmesan-Cheddar Crisps

I made a bunch of these for a wine and cheese party and for husband's office party. Here's the scoop:

4 cups shredded Parmesan (I mixed parm and cheddar (low fat sharp) just to be crazy

1/3 cup chopped fresh basil

1 Tablespoon lemon zest (it was as much zest as I could get off two lemons, whether it was actually a Tablespoon, we will never know)

Mix all ingredients together. Put little mounds (maybe a heaping Tablespoon) of the mixture on a baking sheet (I used a silicone baking mat in insure no stickage). Bake for 6-8 minutes or until super bubbly and the edges look like they are just about to burn.

Transfer to cooling rack and then eat pretty much immediately. I served these the same day I made them, but many hours later and they were not crispy. They tasted good and held their shape, but were oddly chewy. Not my best work.

I am a fried cheese expert. I went through a Southwestern chicken salad phase (the salad came from Trader Joe's, but I doctored it with low-fat ranch, more lettuce and veggies, and a bunch of cheese which I would dump in the bottom of a Pam-sprayed bowl, add the tortilla strips from the salad and nuke until the cheese was this crunchy fried mass. Dump the salad on top, add dressing and toss. I know, it just keeps getting weirder, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment