Oct 11, 2008

Tri tip roast with veggies

I loved these veggies.  Husband did not.  I had a marinated tri tip roast I baked in the oven at 425 degrees for 50 minutes.  Instead of putting it on a rack, I filled the bottom of the pan with green beans, broccoli and cauliflower.  They got kind of burnt and were also deeply caramelized from the meat juices.  Heaven!  I guess the taste is acquired though, Evan just thought they tasted burnt and greasy.  Oh well, he has the beef to enjoy and I will polish off the veg.

I also had some cheesy bread stuffing and two fruit bars:  mango and pineapple.

And yes, that is my Elle magazine.  And that is Nicole Kidman.  And who does she think she is kidding with that forehead?

Husband wanted a tri tip sandwich, so he got one on wheat with fresh greens, mayo, mustard and for kicks, I sauteed sliced baby tomatoes in a tiny bit of butter and finished them with a splash of balsamic vinaigrette and added those to the sandwich.  Served with chips and veggies which he did not eat.  Can't win 'em all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment