Oct 5, 2008

Panera with Ev and Austin

The boys swear by this juice, especially Austin who when questioned why replied "ugh, cuz it's really really good?"

I love Panera. I know it's a chain and it's suburban, but it's damn good! My food has always been fresh and consistent and the bread is well above average. My only complaint is the weird side thing. Bread, chips or an apple. Most things already involve bread, so why would I want more? Chips, that's more carbs and fat which is already involved in my sandwich or soup in a bread bowl or whatever, so no. And nobody wants a tiny little government apple like you used to get at school. How about homemade chunky applesauce, or celery with peanut butter, or carrot sticks?
Ev had black bean soup with an Orchard Harvest side salad which came in a kidney shaped bowl like the ones hospitals give you to throw up in to. I know, lovely Mandy. He also had the Frontega panini, which I forgot to photograph. It was 2pm and I hadn't eaten all day. I was focused on my food.
Austin enjoyed a roast beef sandwich on honey wheat bread with all the fixings. He scarfed it. Growing boy.
Here is my chicken artichoke panini. To die. It's like half a loaf of bread but it's so good you eat the whole thing without a second thought. I eat it open faced so it lasts twice as long. Bliss.

www.panera.com

No comments:

Post a Comment