Oct 10, 2008

Blueberry bagel croutons

I'm fighting a cold. This doesn't stop me from doing my thing in the kitchen. I find cooking comforting when I'm under the weather. So I had my broccoli, dried pineapple rings and cheesy bread stuffing.
Husband got turkey sausage pasta bake and a new dessert, recipe below:

Sauteed Apple with Blueberry Croutons

1 medium apple, diced with skins on
1/3 cup light blueberry-cranberry juice (any yummy juice will do)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon light butter
1 low carb blueberry bagel (Great Western Alternative Bagel www.westernbagel.com)
Butter Spray

Put apple, juice, cinnamon and butter into a small saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are soft and the juice has reduced.

In the meantime, cut the bagel into bite-sized circles and put in a small frying pan after spraying the bites on both sides with the butter spray. Toast over medium heat, flipping once so both sides get some color.

Add the bagel bites to the apple mixture and toss to coat. Serve warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment