Sep 16, 2008

2nd Lonely Dinner Night In A Row

Husband is doing the two-job-in-one-day hustle, and while he is not here, his lunch for tomorrow is.  He will enjoy it with a tossed green salad.  This is the now famous pasta bake he is a big fan of.  Super easy, as follows:

1.  Brown 1lb of hot or mild turkey sausage with some chopped onion

2.  Boil 2 cups of pasta (I used Farfalle, but anything you have is perfect)

3.  Steam any veggies you have on hand, today I used broccoli and cauliflower, but I've used green beans, asparagus, peas...go crazy

4.  Add cubed tofu cheese (used cheddar and mozzarella flavor, and of course you can substitute the real thing...I would!)

5.  Combine meat, onions, veggies, pasta and cheese.  

6.  Add 1/2 jar of your favorite tomato sauce, or enough to make it saucy, but not overly so.

7.  Top with a couple of low carb English muffins you crumble up by hand, throw in a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup romano cheese

8.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy!

And for me:  raw cucumber and celery, roasted broccoli, string cheese, nuts and a fresh piece of fruit I got at the Brentwood farmer's market on Sunday.  I totally forget what they called it, but it was supposed to be a apricot/plum/peach/nectarine hybrid.  I got plum and apricot, it was good.  Very tart.  Would have been better in a fruit salad, or dropped in some fruit tea in place of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment