Aug 25, 2008

Meals at home

Chicken burrito, refried beans with two kinds of tofu cheese melted in, guac and a green salad with crushed blue corn tortilla chips.


Tuna salad salad on organic greens. Been going to the Brentwood farmer's market on Sundays. I am saving money, supporting local growers AND the produce is delish. Shame on me for not doing this years ago. Check out all the Los Angeles area's farmer's markets- http://www.ccfm.com/site/index.php


Juicy organic beef burger on a low carb English muffin with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo and tofu cheese with steamed green beans, raw veggies and a few salt & vinegar chips. I've found a fool proof way of making my burgers flavorful and moist: douse the meat with chopped onion (dried or fresh), salt, pepper, bit of garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. Form patties and cook to order. I keep these on hand during the week for a quick, hot meal.


We had Earth, Wind and Flour again. Ev had his usual spicy sausage and peppers sans pasta and some of my salad...


Barbecue chicken salad. Chicken, spinach, cheese, artichokes, mushrooms, tomatoes and croutons all chopped together and dressed with a low fat honey dijon. I'm kinda addicted. http://www.earthwindandflour.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment