May 14, 2008

Meals Before The Big Trip

Oh...such a long time since my last post! We have a lot of catching up to do.

Here we have a standard: chicken burrito with refried beans, tons of salsa, steamed veggies and a green salad.
I had a chicken success!!! These were chicken thighs that I tossed with a buffalo chicken wing dry rub and baked at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Crispy and juicy. Served with veggies, salad and fried bananas for dessert.

I'm a very good wife-to-be!


I took the curry chicken mistake and redeemed myself. Took most of the curry sauce off, shredded the meat, mixed it with mayo, cilantro, onion and chopped fresh avocado. On a toasted multi-grain bun with veggies and a smashed yam...not too shabby.


It was soooo hot. Like, 98 degrees in Santa freakin' Monica hot. Wanted to make the man a summer supper: turkey sausage with sauteed onion, roasted potatoes, salad and sliced strawberries. I overcooked the sausage. I was hot. At least he got a mint chocolate chip tofu-cream bar.


The last of the curry chicken mistake. On a bagel this time. With tofu cheese. And bbq chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment