Aug 17, 2009

Tri-Tip Pressed Sandwich!



See the extremely flat looking grilled cheese sandwich? That is NOT just an ordinary grilled cheese. That has 1/3 pound shaved tri-tip from Bay Cities, 2 slices of mozzarella tofu cheese, bunch of spinach and dijon mustard goodness inside!

How did I do it?

Buttered both slices of bread. Put all sandwich ingredients inside and put in a cold pan. Covered the sandwich with a piece of tin foil and heated the pan on medium low heat. While everything was getting warm, I heated a smaller pan on a high burner. When it was smoking hot, I took it off the burner, put it on top of the foil topped sandwich and pressed down, hard (I actually put a heavy bowl inside the pan once it was on to give extra weight). Then I cranked the medium low burner to medium high and let it sizzle for about 4 minutes.

Voila! Pressed sandwich. Now I want a proper panini pan real bad. My birthday IS coming up...

Still an antibiotic zombie but managed to go on a 4 mile speed walk. Felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment