Aug 31, 2009

These Might Just Be The Ticket...



So I had this idea for a "raw macaroon"; almond butter, coconut, agave, almond meal, coconut flour, a pinch of salt and a dash of vanilla. When we tested them, however, they were a bit sweet and needed more coconut.



Then I thought, why don't I try to bake these?



So, I did. And they are EXACTLY what I have been trying to attain: a slight crunch, followed by a soft, toothsome chew and a tiny bit gooey in the middle. I am so excited about these I cannot even tell you.

Now I am thinking up new flavors, and names, and packaging. Stay tuned!

Monday workout: 3 mile speed walk and 3 1/2 hours of walking a San Diego Food Show. Which means the Japanese beef, Portuguese sausage, applewood bacon, churro, fried plantain, fried yucca, pork tamale, carnitas taco, lemon cookie, cinnamon cookie, peanut butter cookie, dulce de leche cake and beer I consumed did no harm. Um, okay...just keep telling yourself that. Hee hee. It was RESEARCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment