Aug 10, 2009

Sunday Dinner: BBQ Goodness!



I was inspired by my neighbor Yvonne's baked beans, so I created the following:

Shredded Turkey And Sausage BBQ Goodness

The BBQ sauce was ketchup, dijon mustard, one roasted poblano pepper, chopped onion, whole garlic cloves, cumin, apple cider vinegar and a little maple syrup.

I let this mixture simmer for about 30 minutes, then I blended it until almost smooth.

I then added the meat (shredded, cooked turkey meat and cut up turkey sausage) 1 can of pinto beans and let that simmer for 20 minutes. I added some steamed veggies at the end and let them marinate in the sauce for about 5 minutes. Topped with tofu "sour cream" and avocado and served over cheesy polenta.



Mine: cucumber, broccoli, nuts, peanut butter Larabar and a Dulce de Leche Luna bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment