Aug 16, 2009

Antibiotic Tummy Trouble= Carb Fest



I woke up last night with weird nausea, stomach pain and light chest pain. Lovely. I promptly made myself comfy on the couch to watch some late night TV in order to distract myself. I simultaneously felt ravenous and thought some bland carbs were in order. Carbs on hand were Ak-Mak crackers, baked blue corn chips and baked potato chips. Felt much better (although not great-antibiotics suck).

Mistakes: Took pill 20 minutes after I ate (forgot to take with meal). Went to bed feeling hungry.



I considered stopping the antibiotics. Then I called my mother who quickly talked me out of it (don't want the infection to return, you see. Duh.). So the plan for the next few days is to only take the antibiotic with a carb, stomach coating kind of meal. For lunch today I decided to make a cinnamon raisin bread pudding. Yum!




The bread was 2 Trader Joe's vegan "Cinnamon Rolls" (these were not sexy cinnamon rolls, they were more like cinnamon raisin bagels). I tore those up and added it to the following mixture:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites
1 tsp cinnamon
Vanilla stevia (to taste)
pinch sea salt

Baked at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. Topped with 1 Tablespoon Xylosweet and 1 Tablespoon light butter. So comforting, and less than 600 calories for the whole thing.

So I took another pill and am waiting to see how my body reacts...

Sunday Workout: ?

No comments:

Post a Comment