Jun 2, 2009

Spiced Yam Oatbran Experiment


I was so inspired by husband's oatbran breakfast (which was inspired by Heather), I decided to make my own creation for dinner.

Following Heather's basic recipe, I took 1 cup water in a small pot, added 1/2 cup oatbran and let it cook for 1-2 minutes, then I added some cinnamon, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp vanilla rice protein powder and 1/4 cup mashed yam (that was my invention). I let it thicken a bit and took it off the heat.

Once it was in the bowl, I added a spoonful of cashew butter. Then I tried it. At first bite, I liked it. Then I thought it should be sweeter, so I added a few drops of vanilla stevia. Then it was sweet. Then it was sickening. I don't think I like hot cereal.

I can't tell you the last time I had a 200 calorie dinner! Not to worry, I went to a movie premiere and ate 2 delicious bites of Japanese pastry and a bite of carrot cake, then came home and had some cheese.

And I enjoyed our first bread class today (post coming), so I'm not in danger of wasting away.



Seemed like a good idea at the time...and it looked yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment