Jun 21, 2009

Pancake Experiment On Father's Day


Been reading about all these alternative pancakes that looked awesome on all the various blogs I adore and cannot stop reading (see "blogs I dig" on the right side of the page). I decided to try one out on husband for his Father's Day breakfast in bed.

I kind of made it up as I went along:

1/4 cup gluten-free baking mix
1 heaping Tablespoon rice protein powder
Scant 1/4 cup rice milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 teaspoon honey
dash of cinnamon

Whisked all together, it was a very thin consistency, almost like crepe batter.

I added 1 Tablespoon chopped raw pecans and poured into a small frying pan that had 1 teaspoon Earth Balance melted in it.

Once I poured the batter in, I added 6 fat blueberries and about 10 slices of banana. Once I saw bubbles form, I flipped the pancake.


So far, so good. It smelled gorgeous.



Topped with Earth Balance spread and pure maple syrup.

The verdict: husband said the flavor was great; it was a bit dry and grainy. I think the grainy part came from the protein powder. Maybe if I blended the mixture first? Anyone have experience with this?

Sunday workout (about to commence): Jillian Michael's Shred Level I and II

No comments:

Post a Comment