Jun 26, 2009

Overnight Oats: Complete Genius!



Oh my word. I am so excited to share this recipe! Picture so does not do them justice. I can take no credit as I learned about this on Jenna's blog. Thank you thank you.

Overnight Oats

1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup milk (any variety you like, or just water)
1 tablespoon Chia seeds

Combine in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight (obvi).

In the morning, you have a cool creamy bowl of bliss! Then you just add your toppings of choice. I added a scoop of raw almond butter, a dash of vanilla rice milk, a few drops of vanilla stevia and a sprinkling of raisins and cinnamon.

I was so freaking jealous because I made these for husband. He loved them but wanted them warm (traitor) so I nuked it for a few seconds. The coldness was what I loved about it. I'm not an oatmeal girl because I don't like that slimy texture that comes with cooking oats. They get all bloated like barley and just doesn't work for me. These oats ROCKED. No slime, just oatey and milky and very decadent. Make them soon and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment