Jun 27, 2009

Housewarming Party


Our dear friend, Laura, just bought a lovely condo and invited us to come celebrate while her mom was in town from Maryland. It was potluck style so I brought a batch of Blisscuits for dessert (yum). Above is a turkey sausage frittata (basically an egg, cheese and veggie casserole). Amazing, lots of cheese (my favorite).


Meat lasagna. This was great as it was homey but not crazy heavy. Good job, Rick!



Karen's chopped salad. I love chopped salads. I'm a stickler for wanting everything in my salad to be the same size, unless it's leaf lettuce and then I want the overall salad to be softer. Big chunks and little chunks are a pet peeve.

This salad had romaine, fresh corn, raw green beans, green onions, tomato, carrot, celery, sunflower seeds and a great homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Karen is Laura's real estate agent who has become a great friend.


Sarah's quinoa salad. So good. I love quinoa and would make it more but husband is not a fan. Not a grains man. It had purple onion, parsley, and toasted pine nuts. It also had a touch of heat (cayenne?) that set it off perfectly. Sarah is getting married in 6 weeks to a wonderful man, Bruce. Congrats, guys and enjoy Egypt!


My plate. I went back for another slice of frittata and some salad. This was the best potluck food I think I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment