Jun 9, 2009

Culinary School: More Quick Breads


This was what sent me over the edge. Lemon poppy seed pound cake. Unbelievably good. Two reasons: super lemony and the texture was incredibly moist, almost juicy inside with a crunchy crust. Not to mention the lemon glaze. I could marry this cake (sorry, husband). I think I will make this for my birthday and eat the entire thing. It will be worth the sugar coma.

How much did I actually eat? One small piece, maybe 5 or 6 bites.


Coffee cake. Didn't touch it. Was too obsessed with the poppy seed cake.



Apple gallette. Didn't touch it. Smelled heavenly. It's pie crust and apples.



We finished, groaning, with quiche, which we all made so our pie crust could be evaluated, except for yours truly, who neglected to add salt OR sugar to her dough and thus threw her crust away once it was rolled and shaped. Oops.




Quiches were all different: kale and Gruyere, leek and goat cheese, ham and Swiss, bacon and muenster, etc. It was quiche. Not super exciting, especially after LEMON POPPY SEED CAKE.

I wonder what my favorite dish was...

Tuesday workout: 60 minute Vinyasa flow yoga from yogaglo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment