May 1, 2009

Pudding Invention



Sickish husband asked if we had pudding in the house. If you knew us, you would know what a silly question this was. We're normally not the pudding sort. But he sparked my food inventiveness and I said, "what kind of pudding would you like?". I figured, we have rice milk, eggs, vanilla stevia, cinnamon...then husband said we could try mashing up a banana and some peanut butter (does this sound good or disgusting?).

Inspired, I headed to the kitchen immediately.

I heated up 1 cup of vanilla rice milk over low heat, adding a teaspoon of butter, a dash of cinnamon and 8 drops of vanilla stevia. Once it was simmering, I took a bit of the milk out and poured it over two eggs and whisked it briskly to temper said eggs. I added the egg mixture to the milk mixture, whisking until it thickened (about 7 minutes).

I strained the milk mixture and added to a bigger bowl that had the following:

1 mashed banana
1 small mashed yam
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
cinnamon

Voila! It was thick and creamy and husband loved it. Gourmet baby husband food.

No comments:

Post a Comment