Apr 17, 2009

Vegan Pasta Bake



This was fun. Husband asked if I could start experimenting with meat alternatives when I'm cooking with carbs (this is from Fit For Life, the food combining book from the 80's). I'm game, even though it kind of cracks me up considering he had Chips Ahoy, peanut M&M's and a jack and coke for lunch yesterday. I guess you can combine sugar with sugar.

I took my pasta bake recipe and replaced the turkey sausage with Trader Joe's Chicken-Less Strips.


Here's a close-up. Big success! Husband said the chicken tasted like chicken and there was enough leftover to freeze for a last minute meal.


I forgot to make dessert until very late, so I cut up an overripe Bartlett pear, tossed the pear with some frozen mango and frozen blueberries in a saucepan with a dab of butter, a dollop of strawberry spreadable fruit, a dash of cinnamon and a few drops of vanilla. Cooked until soft and bubbly and stirred in some granola. Voila! Dessert.

1 comment:

  1. i totally think fake chicken tastes like chicken! congrats on the vegan bake!

    ReplyDelete