Mar 10, 2009

Salmon With Sauce


There is some salmon underneath the mountain of vegetables.  I've been taking techniques I'm learning in school and bastardizing them for my own purposes.  For this meal, I sort of did a buerre blanc (white wine butter sauce) but instead of shallots in the wine I put chopped onion.  I reduced the wine by 50% then added chicken stock instead of cream and a bit of butter and a bit of tofu cream cheese instead of, like, a pound of butter.  I reduced it until it was thickish, added chopped tomato, carrot, broccoli and cauliflower and poured that mixture onto raw salmon.  Topped that with some Romano cheese and cooked for 7 minutes in a 400 degree oven.  Squeeze of lemon juice and served it with corn pasta.


Dessert was husband's new favorite:  cherry mango crumbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment