Jan 7, 2009

Crispy chicken

Yes, mysteriously I am feeling oh so much better today. Sometimes I think you've just got to let out all those evil thoughts. It gives them less power. Or at least you stop grinding your teeth at night.

Today was all sunshine and rainbows as I had a lovely client meeting this morning, returned husband's overdue audio book to the library (but didn't pay the fine), made lunch, worked for another client, went to meet my walking buddy who forgot about our walk as she was in copy writing crisis mode (been there), comforted her while she wept into her PowerPoint, walked home, scheduled another client meeting for the weekend, and made crispy chicken.

Baked not fried. 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Chicken thighs WITH skin, thank you very much. I coat them with any spice mixture I have lying around (this was a combo of fajita and taco seasoning). I also added a bit of bread crumbs, cumin and grated cheese (why not?).

Husband enjoyed yam mash and steamed veggies with his chicken.

Mine: cucumber, broccoli and cauliflower, cheese, nuts and dried pineapple.

Off to watch Intervention. This episode is about a woman who has eaten only through a feeding tube for the last 14 years. This is the definition of fascinating for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment