Oct 14, 2008

Husband's sick lunch


Could have been the 5K we ran in the midst of a forest fire. Could have been the trying to keep up with a 13 year-old son during the 5K we ran in the midst of a forest fire. Regardless, husband is now feverish and achy in bed. He's worked very hard to overcome a long battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but every once in a while when he pushes too hard, the symptoms pop up.

After finishing work, I cam home and made him a sick boy meal: "healthy" chicken ramen (noodles are not fried, spice packet has less sodium) and homemade applesauce (cut up one gala apple, added some juice, cinnamon and a dab of butter and let it bubble away to nothing).

We watched crappy HBO movies and worked side by side on our laptops in bed (back to the Willy Wonky grandparents look). Kinda fun, but I want him to feel better very soon.

My usual lunch: cucumber, broccoli, string cheese and dried pineapple rings. Yawn.

I've been craving Versailles chicken for months. Literally. Nothing about it is good for me or convenient. But I'm going to have to break down at some point. Want to start a pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment