Aug 25, 2008

Birthday dinner at Bandera

Birthday dinner. I was ready to indulge. First off, we LOVE Bandera. And it's so close. Our dear friend, Cori, took us here for our wedding gift and we were simply elated after having a totally disappointing honeymoon (culinarily speaking only). I requested we come back for my celebration. And so we did. Started with a seasonal vegetable platter: chili butter roasted corn, roasted asparagus, sauteed spinach with cabbage and peccorino, and a cucumber salad with goat cheese, olives, tomatoes and cilantro. The only bore was the local tomato (tasted like a tomato).


Little side of mac and cheese. Heaven.


The empty plate (yes, I forgot, a couple times...taste buds too happy) where cornbread once laid. So f**cking good. I ordered more. And ate it. All.


What's left of Evan's steak and enchilada plate. The tenderloin was awesome. He was not a super fan of the cheese enchilada, but I was. Also missing is my Kobe style beef with Caesar salad. So sad that the beef was tough as it was the STAR the last time we ate here. I was so stuffed I didn't send it back. We just brought it home. Any ideas for tough, really expensive beef strips? Let me know!

We still love Bandera. A lot. The ambiance and service are as thoughtful and indulgent as the food.

http://www.hillstone.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment