Oct 30, 2010

Happy Halloween Eve


We started the day with blueberry pancakes.


And turkey bacon.  And scrambled eggs.




Gotta have a variety of syrups. And butters (real for me and Austin, vegan for husband).


Laying down the tarp (garbage bag) for the giant pumpkin.  Austin's looking ghosty!


And the carving began.  We got halfway through and broke both pumpkin saws, so we have to go back to the store to get another kit.  We only have half a witch with her cauldron...


Turkey chili.  I daresay this is the best chili I've ever made.  Why?  Two reasons.  I used white corn, which for some reason was super sweet, which offsets the savory/spiciness, and I added a dollop of almond butter to help tighten the sauce and add creaminess, inspired by Heather.  You are brilliant, darling!


Cornbread mini muffins.


Dinner's ready.


Mine.  I added cheddar cheese and half a bread stick to mine.  And had a big bowl of green beans.  We watched The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and had pumpkin pie for dessert, which I did not photograph because I was too full and lazy.  It was amazing.  Why does anyone want pie with a normal crust when you can have a graham cracker crust?  Beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment