Oct 20, 2010

Flourless Pumpkin Spice Bread


Oh yes, that's right.  Got the recipe here.  I made a few adjustments based on what I did and did not have on hand.  So exciting!  Husband's been on a health kick so I thought this was a perfect thing to send him to work with.  He's been living on raw fruit smoothies, nuts and cucumbers.  Except when I make him eat hot dogs with me...


1 cup pumpkin puree (next time I might sub some of the pumpkin with a smashed banana for a little sweetness)
1/2 cup coconut  butter (original recipe used almond butter)
3 eggs
3 Tablespoons ground flax
1 heaping Tablespoon chia seeds (mix in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of water…will form a “gel” after about 10 minutes)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (can use extract)
1/4 cup water


Mix ingredients.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Important!  Let the loaf sit for at least 15 minutes before you try to get it out of the pan. 



It is mucho moist and more like a pumpkin bar than pumpkin bread (how did Alex and Heather get their bread to puff up more?), but very, very tasty.  Eggy.  I think I will top mine with some cinnamon sugar cream cheesy love.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment