Jul 14, 2010

Summer Pastas & Other Bready Things



For me, with food, I find, simple is best.  Tasty ingredients, simple preparation...done.  This pasta could not be simpler or tastier.  Sweet stewed tomatoes simmered gently with a bit of fresh garlic and olive oil, tossed with al dente spaghetti and asiago cheese.  Lovely hot or cold, all day long.





Mediterranean orzo salad:  Orzo (duh), red peppers, orange peppers, celery, carrots, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and feta tossed with an olive vinaigrette.  Refreshing, tangy and creamy.




Buffalo-style baked "fried" chicken.




Roasted fingerling potatoes.




Zucchini bread!  It took the power of God for me to not steal a piece of this (made for clients).  Yes, I am making it for myself this morning.  Recipe inspiration found here.





My mom always made zucchini bread, and I haven't had it in years.  Cannot wait to break the zucchini bread dry spell.  The only question is, will I top my slice with butter or cream cheese?  Guess I'll have to have two slices...
 



I made a new friend.  Her name is Danielle.  She works with husband, and funnily enough, rents an apartment from one of our dearest friends (and a VERY loyal MM blog reader), Rachel!  The world just keeps getting smaller.

Danielle and I blabbed and blabbed and blabbed about foodie things at Rachel's Fourth of July BBQ, and not a week later, my husband came home with a freshly baked loaf of Potato Dill Bread with Caramelized Onions!  Dying.





This is what my morning breakfast looks like these days...oh my heart.

What are your favorite bready things?

1 comment:

  1. OMG those dishes look delish! I, too am a bread and pasta freak. I also make Paula Deen's zucchini bread and made lots of it for my sister when she first had her baby. She wanted something easy to grab and sorta heathy (well, it does have vegetables in it!). I am on a breadmaker kick and totally want to make that potato dill bread! YUM! Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete