Jul 22, 2010

Chocolate Pudding with Marshmallow Creme is the word



I'm still obsessed with zucchini bread.  I made this for a friend's 50th birthday potluck.  People weren't eating it (it was tucked back in a corner), so I took most of it home.  Tacky, I know.  I'm gonna pull the pregnant lady card on this one.




This is some rib-eye marinated in garlic, lemon and olive oil and quickly broiled.  The cut was thinner than I'm used to, so it wasn't as pink as I'd hoped, but was still juicy, tender and flavorful.  Client's enjoyed this with roasted balsamic asparagus and spiced yam mash (see below).




Spaghetti carbonara.  What's not to love?




Spiced yam mash.  I still can't believe this has no sugar.  The secret is to roast the yams first, skin on, to caramelize all the natural sugars.  All I do is peel the skin off, and toss in a bit of salt, pumpkin pie spice and butter.  Better than pumpkin pie.




I didn't think I liked pudding, until I went to culinary school and tasted real, home-made pudding.  A revelation.  I topped this batch with a dollop of marshmallow creme.  What?  It is fat-free...

What are you craving?

No comments:

Post a Comment