Jun 8, 2010

Filet Minon and Chicken Noodle Soup



This was super yummy.  A seasoned filet mignon roast was baked for just 30 minutes and was a lovely medium rare.  I took the juices, reduced them and flash sauteed artichoke hearts 'til they were a little crusty.  Add oven roasted fingerling potatoes and you've got a meat and tater dinner that is not average.





I love when clients request chicken noodle soup.  It is not something I normally propose, but when you need comfort, there is nothing better.




In non food news, my husband had a short script selected for a competition in the Dances With Films festival in Hollywood.  The short script was about Death and his son, minding their own business when the cops come a knockin'.  Death's son, "Little Death", was played by my stepson Austin.  His outfit, complete with bony hands, rocked.





Finally, my friend Claire came to town and introduced me to Father's Office (yes, I've lived here for almost 10 years and never had it, don't judge).  It was amazing, and the sweet potato fries need to be illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment