Apr 19, 2010

She Cooks.



Hi folks!  How goes it?  Husband and I are officially one hundred years old:  we had dinner at 4:45pm.  Awesome.

I whipped up some split pea soup recently (husband request).  I love, love love making soup as it gives me the perfect excuse to eat copious amounts of bread.

This split pea started with sauteed leeks and carrots and one Portuguese pork sausage.  I let them get all brown and crusty and then added chicken broth and split peas.






Simmer simmer simmer.  1 1/2 hours later; done.  I whizzed half of it in the Ninja and left the rest chunky.





Happy husband.





Today, clients got some organic BBQ chicken legs.  I'm afraid of grilling (cuz I've never done it before), so the oven is it for me.  The secret to my browning success?  Parchment paper.  It's genius.  I really should learn how to grill, though...







As warmer weather approaches, I like to incorporate more salads, and this is one of my favorites:  Mango, black bean and corn salad.  So refreshing.







I've learned that kids like Asian food.  A lot (good to know).  This is veggie Lo Mein, which didn't have that super oily look that take out Lo Mein has, but the flavor was great (and much healthier, I can only assume).







Egg drop soup.  Hard to take an appetizing photo of soup in Tupperware.  My apologies.






I don't know how I kept myself from eating all one of these.  Flourless Chocolate Loves Peanut Butter Cookies.  Holy moley.









Here's the recipe, kiddos.  Couldn't be easier.

1 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips.  Once incorporated, stir in the chips.  Drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Obliterate.






Lastly, I made spinach stuffed shells. There must have been some air pockets in the shells, cuz little mozzarella bubbles developed during baking. Fancy.

1 comment:

  1. It all looks divine, esp. the Split Pea soup and cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete