Dec 4, 2009

12.4.09 Cook Day





Eggplant Parmesan was on the menu today and...I left my jar of tomato sauce at home.  Luckily, I had a can of diced tomatoes leftover in my client's pantry.

I sauteed some garlic and sliced leeks in olive oil.  Added a pinch of crushed red pepper, lemon pepper and salt.  Added two sliced carrots, and some diced eggplant that didn't fit on the cookie sheets.  Added tomatoes and a tiny bit of beef stock and let it simmer until the veggies were super soft.


 



Layered baked eggplant that was coated with grated cheese and panko bread crumbs with sauce, mozzarella cheese and excess breadcrumbs.  Baked 20 minutes.



 



Sesame rice noodles with stir fried veggies:  sugar snap peas, carrots, red peppers, broccoli, chestnuts and baby corn.  Tossed in my spicy peanut sauce.



  
 



Coarse mustard crusted brisket.  I dry rubbed this baby with said mustard, garlic salt, lemon pepper and chili powder.  Cooked almost four hours.  Fork tender.  Would make AWESOME bbq.  I served this with a green bean and arugula salad.  Will definitely serve this with mashers next time.  Sauce was TOO good.


Clients were home today.  It was so fun to watch them eat (yeah, I'm weird).  It's also fun to show them the food when it's hot.  Food always looks better when it's steamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment