Sep 12, 2009

Saturday Eats: Sugary


Husband and I hung with Austin in Thousand Oaks today, which started with Austin's volleyball practice (husband helped coach, I read food blogs on a blanket in the shade...not the sportiest of step moms).

Next on the agenda was seeing 9, and lunch was a natural activity before the movie.  Husband was shouting out options, asking us to reply "yay" or "nay".  Chili's, El Torito, Cheesecake Factory, Carl's Jr...all sounded kind of wrong.  Then I said frozen yogurt, and Austin was like "yay" and husband was like "ew", but we won.  I had a regular (which was pretty small actually) of cake batter with Capn' Crunch, because obviously I'm five years old.



Austin had a small blueberry pomegranate with sour gummy worms (no comment).  It was like most other frozen yogurt experiences I've had; starts good, but by the end I'm feeling both guilty and starving.  When I went to the food show in San Diego last week I had the most amazing fro yo that tasted as good at the end as it did at the beginning.  Do I remember the company?  Of course not.

Not pictured are movie snacks (and husband's lunch): medium popcorn, no butter for me, hot dog, curly fries, chicken tenders and chocolate chip cookie dough bite thingies for husband (woah husband) and a root beer for Austin (now we now why he's 89 pounds, and we're not).

9 looked beautiful and had no story. 



Husband's dinner that he probably wasn't hungry for:  steamed veggies, chicken burrito and refried beans drowned in tofu cheese.



Mine:  cucumber, green beans and...



...cinnamon raisin bread pudding!  I made this with low carb cinnamon bagels, unsweetened almond milk, egg whites, more cinnamon and vanilla stevia.  Mush together and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.



Topped with a tablespoon of light butter and 1/4 cup sugar free syrup.  My favorite thing ever.  Did I mention it's under 600 calories?  So comforting and satisfying.

Saturday workout:  4 mile run and enduring two hyper wrestling sugar high boys/men/boys.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment