Apr 13, 2009

Easter BBQ


Doesn't my cheeseburger look Eastery?  Sister Angie brought the lovely flower centerpiece for us to enjoy.  The burger was juicy and delicious (thanks, Denise!) which I devoured with some spinach salad.  Then I had a grilled hot dog with onion, shredded romaine lettuce, dill relish and mustard.  Killer.  Then I was full.


Husband had a burger, a dog with mayo (ewww), pork 'n beans (no thank you) and potato salad (no thank you).


Denise made some scrumptious lemon shortcakes which were topped with fresh blackberries, blueberries and strawberries macerated with just a splash of maple syrup.  Topped with whipped cream from a can.  This is husband's.  I just had fruit.


Close-up.

Believe it or not, I was hungry again in the evening, so I had a low-carb bagel with low fat cream cheese and some boysenberry all fruit spread at about 8pm (we had lunch at 2pm).  It was delicious.  It reminded me of peanut butter and jelly for some reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment