Feb 19, 2009

Guilty Meatloaf


I like to experiment. When I cook, that is.

I was making my usual turkey loaf (turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, mustard, tomato sauce, spinach, salt and pepper) and suddenly thought that a bit of cumin would be nice (kindy smoky and reminiscent of chili). When it was baking, it smelled weird, and when poor husband ate it and was silent until prompted, I knew it hadn't turned out well. He even said "I think it has too much cumin" (SMART husband), but I blamed it on the "Italian" seasoning the turkey was pre-seasoned with.

Until we were about to fall asleep that night. In the dark I said "I put cumin in the meatloaf". And then I fell into a deep and mostly peaceful sleep.

The bad loaf was served with herbed carrots and tater tots.

No comments:

Post a Comment