Feb 22, 2009

Bossa Nova on a Friday


This is the other place that has free delivery that we know of: Bossa Nova. The food is fine. The plantains are yummy, but they don't hit the spot like Versailles because Versailles plantains get mixed up with the chicken grease and the lemon garlic sauce which makes them unlike anything else in the world.

But these are okay.


Husband's grilled Mahi Mahi with grilled veggies. Looks healthy. He said the fish was very dry, and how could it not be? It was less than a quarter-inch thick. I don't get it.


I had the following:

Roman's Special BBQ Salad
Oven Roasted Chilled BBQ Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, Red Onions, roasted Walnuts, Gouda Cheese, Tomatoes, roasted Red Peppers, Cilantro and Corn tossed in our homemade BBQ Sauce

It was pretty good. The lettuce was too big, I wish the chicken was warm and the big, long strips of roasted red pepper was verging on slimy, but it did the trick. I was satisfied and could eat my plantains without feeling guilty. I would get it again (what does that say about me?). Truthfully, I could make a salad 100 times better than this with one hand tied behind my back, but sometimes you just don't want to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment