Sep 7, 2008

Yummy Tea

I've recently quit drinking all diet soda because I am not a lady when it comes to that stuff (we are talking up to 20 cans per day, God bless me).  As I want to be a mama soon, this body is becoming a sacred vessel.  Having said that, I'm not just going to drink boring water all day long.  

So...I have this iced tea recipe I've developed and am thoroughly enjoying that I wanted to pass along to anyone wanting a water alternative that is not full of gunk (and for my dear friend, Lori).

Put 3 quarts of water into a big pot
Heat on stove until it's near boiling
Reduce heat to low and add 6 tea bags (I like fruity teas that are devoid of ginger or clove or other stuff that makes it taste flowery.  I want fruit flavor only, and I've found Celestial Seasonings and Salada's fruit teas to be good choices).
Add Stevia extract or powder to taste
Let steep for 11-13 minutes
Chill and enjoy!

By the way, the difference in my skin since I've quit soda is nothing short of miraculous.  Ever read that soda causes cellulite?  TOTALLY TRUE!  Let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you thank you! I'm trying out various rooibos blends today. Let me know if you have any recommendations. I like anything desserty.

    ReplyDelete