Sep 20, 2008

Wood Ranch BBQ lunch with my two boys

Lovely, wonderful husband and gorgeous stepson (that still sounds totally weird) ran our first family 5K. It was totally awesome and way easier than we thought it would be. We are running our second 5K next month through a bunch of walnut, avocado and orange groves. Yippee!

We went to the Wood Ranch in Agoura Hills to celebrate our victory. I had the Wood Ranch BBQ chopped salad: greens, corn, black beans, tortilla strips and jack cheese. Topped with a grilled portobello mushroom, with bbq and ranch dressing. Perfect 10!
OH. MY. GOD IN HEAVEN THESE ARE THE MOST WONDERFUL MASHED SWEET POTATOES YOU WOULD EVER HOPE TO MEET AND INGEST IN YOUR ENTIRE SWEET EVER LOVING LIFE. NO LIE.

I discovered these on my wedding day. I was getting my hair done and one of my bridesmaids strongly advised that I eat something because I will most likely have no interest (or time for) dinner. They are kind of like a souffle that got burnt on top: super buttery, savory flavor, texture is light and whippy, but then there are these burnt, chewy bits mixed in that make it. Like the burnt crusty part of lasagna makes it.
Austin had the gigonto Ahi tuna steak and the mashed sweet potatoes (I totally sold him).

Evan had the prime rib with the mashed sweet potatoes (I totally sold him).
There are several Wood Ranch BBQ locations in Southern California. I will take anyone there, any time. Great service, and yummy, consistent food in a casual, family friendly atmosphere.

www.woodranch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment