Sep 26, 2008

The first debate party

I must apologize.  We had a few friends over to watch the debate and I often lose my head when I am entertaining and failed to take a proper picture of either dish.  What you see above was the beginning of a very delicious salad Melinda made.  It was heirloom tomatoes, these little mini yellow and red peppers that were incredibly sweet, tender and delicious, chopped sugar snap peas and a bit of chopped lettuce tossed in Annie's Goddess Tahini Dressing.  Gorgeous!
We devoured it.
This is what is left of my turkey sausage pasta bake.  I will spare you the recipe as I have given it in a previous post, but this was the first time I had actually tasted it (I know, bad girl chef not tasting her food, bad bad bad).  Damn!  It was really good.  I made this one with onion, zucchini and mushrooms I sauteed before I added the sausage and cheeses, and I topped it with crushed Reduced Fat Cheez-Its.  Really good and really cheesy, which I was surprised by as most it was tofu cheese.

We have decided to have friends over for all of the debates as well as for election night.  In these serious times, it is unbelievably comforting to remember how much love surrounds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment